Our friends over at Turntable Lab and Legitmix.com recently announced their first ever remix contest with some great gear available for prizes. And they've invited we here at ego trip to help pick one of the winners. There's just under two weeks left to submit entries ( due October 1st ), so be quick. Details are as follows...
1. PICK A SONG(s) FROM THE LIST BELOW AND REMIX, REWORK, OR RE-EDIT IT IN ANY MUSICAL STYLE YOU WANT. BE CREATIVE. USE AS LITTLE OR AS MUCH OF THE ORIGINAL. DOWNTEMPO-DUBSTEP-HOUSE-ELECTRO-DJ EDIT-WHATEVER.
- Eric B & Rakim: "I Know You Got Soul" (iTunes, acapella + dub instrumental available)
- Any James Brown song or combination of songs* (iTunes)
- Any Tribe song or combination of songs* (iTunes)
- Labhead User Submitted Pick: Digable Planets — "Cool Like Dat" (iTunes)
- Labhead User Submitted Pick: Chakachas — "Jungle Fever" (iTunes)
2. SUBMIT YOUR REMIX TO LEGITMIX.COM BY OCTOBER 1st
- Visit Legitmix.com and click "Submit Your Remix" (for overview of submission process, watch this video )
- Make sure to tag your work "ttl remix contest" and price it at $1.00
- Tip: Have cover art ready (not mandatory)
- NOTE: Please do not send us or post your remixes. they all have to be submitted to Legitmix.com. Legitmix is free to submit and allows you to present and sell your remixes legally.
- *To submit to Legitmix, you must identify the song you remixed. Legitmix will automatically find the song when you type in the name, but if not, you can provide a link from iTunes. Click to learn how . If you’re not US based, watch vimeo.com/legitmix/ituneslinking
3. TURNTABLE LAB AND THE TURNTABLE LAB COMMUNITY (via online polls) WILL JUDGE THE 15 WINNERS.
4. WINNERS ANNOUNCED OCTOBER 15th, 2012.
- 3 winners = AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones courtesy of AIAIAI
- 2 winners = Ableton Live 8 - Full Version courtesy of Ableton
- 5 winners = Ableton Live Intro courtesy of Ableton
- 3 winners = $150 Turntable Lab Gift Certificates courtesy of Legitmix
- 1 winner = Native Instruments Komplete 8
- 1 winner = Teenage Engineering OP-1 courtesy of Teenage Engineering
- 1 grand champion winner will receive first choice from prizes above, a trophy, and a feature on the Lab Blog.