1. Innervisions : The 40th Anniversary of a Stevie Wonder Classic.
Producer-engineer Malcolm Cecil (one half of Tonto’s Expanding Head Band) recalls the making of the landmark 1973 album. By Chris Williams.
[ Wax Poetics ]
2. Who Is Ka?
Fresh off the release of The Night’s Gambit , Brownsville’s own tells you where he’s going and where he’s been: “New York City was crazy. I would take the A train and I would have my box cutter on me not knowing if I had to split somebody’s face open or if somebody was going to split my face.” By Dharmic X.
[ Complex ]
3. Nas Creates Fund To Help Man and His 8 Kids Find a New Home After Fire.
God’s son does the right thing. By Legend.
[ Miss Info ]
4. How a Producer for Hip-Hop’s Biggest Names Hacked His Way Into the Industry.
Just Blaze talks Motorola’s P900 two-way pager “ringtones,” the MPC 4000, and building a custom laptop-based Pro Tools rig. By Damien Scott.
[ Wired ]
5. Mixtape Memories with DJ Green Lantern (Part 1).
The Evil Genius relives ’90s hip-hop exclusives, 4-track tricks, and the distribution grind. By Daniel Isenberg.
[ Nah Right ]
6. The Time I Dunked on Gilbert Arenas and Sharted My Shorts.
Because a little fecal matter is a small price to pay for hardwood glory. By Nick Grant.
[ Complex ]