(Photos: Ricky Powell)
1. Nah Right & UpNorthTrips Present: Picture Perfect with Ricky Powell.
Ev Boogie with the assist as The Rickster breaks down some of his illest rap photographs. By Daniel Isenberg (@StanIpcus).
[ Nah Right ]
2. The "Juicy" Standardized Test: How Well Do You Know Biggie’s Anthem 20 Years Later?
For the biggest rap nerds — emphasis on nerds who mastered calculus and shit. By Shea Serrano.
[ Grantland ]
3. Sample the Top 10 James Brown Clips of All Time.
Some great JB moments on Youtube. By Michael A. Gonzales.
[ Ebony ]
4. Hip Hop Pioneer Grandmaster Caz.
Talks “Rapper’s Delight" with Outlook program.
[ BBC ]
5. Interview: Michael Christmas Talks About Is This Art? , His Sheltered Upbringing, & Discussing Condoms With Childish Gambino.
Meet Bob Hanukkah. By Alex Siber.
[ Complex ]
6. Paris Hilton "Getting Paid £1.6m For Just FOUR nights work as DJ in Ibiza."
According to the online currency converter we used that’s over 2.5 million U.S. dollars. Not sure if this is just a BS story for publicity sake.
[ Mirror ]
7. The Brazilian Bus Magnate Who’s Buying Up All the World’s Vinyl Records.
"By age 30, he had about 30,000 records. About 10 years later, his bus company expanded, making him rich. Not long after that, he split up with his wife, and the pace of his buying exploded. 'Maybe it’s because I was alone,' [Zero] Freitas said. 'I don’t know.' He soon had a collection in the six figures; his best guess at a current total is several million albums.” By Monte Reel.
[ New York Times ]