(Photo: Scott Olson/Getty Images)
1. The Front Lines of Ferguson.
The death of Michael Brown and 48 hours at the center of an American crisis in Missouri. By Rembert Browne.
[ Grantland ]
2. When Did Hip Hop Stop Giving A F*ck?
“Once upon a time, way before social media was a vehicle to communicate with anyone in the world and blogs allowed rappers to release music at will, hip-hop had a voice when it came to political and social issues.” By Andreas Hale.
[ 2DBz ]
3. Stressed: The Life & Art of Matt Reid.
“To me, man, Matt was like a person from the future.” — Prince Po. By Michael A. Gonzales.
[ Red Bull Music Academy ]
5. A-Trak: “DJing Is About Taking Risks.”
Fool’s Gold Boss speaks his mind.
[ mixmag ]
6. Dilated Peoples: Light In The Dark Room.
“We’re just being brutally honest with each other about everything. I guess it paid off.” By Jake Paine.
[ Arena ]
7. Alan Ket: Graffiti Writer, Artist, Creative, Art Curator.
“I want people to stop and read the collages, the scribblings, and connect to the deeper issues that I am presenting.” By Gregston Hurdle.
[ Mass Appeal ]