(Lesley McSpadden & Louis Head Photo: AP Photo/St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Huy Mach / Madlib Photos: Eric Coleman)
1. Killer Mike Pens Powerful Essay About Michael Brown Shooting.
""I don't care if others rioted or why... I care that we as humans care as much about one another more. I care we see past class, race and culture and honor the humanity that unites our species." By Christopher R. Weingarten.
[ Rolling Stone ]
2. Searching for Tomorrow: The Story of Madlib and DOOM's Madvillainy .
Exploring Madlib and DOOM's "telepathic mind meld" 10 years later. By Jeff Weiss.
[ Pitchfork ]
3. Ten '90s B-Side Deep Cuts.
EPMD's “Brothers From Brentwood, L.I.” and more. By Robbie Ettelson.
[ Unkut ]
4. We Collected Every Slogan From André 3000′s Jumpsuit on Outkast’s Reunion Tour.
"across cultures, darker people suffer most. why?" By Pigeons.
[ Pigeons + Planes ]
5. Worst Comes to Worst: DJ Babu on the Fight to Make Dilated Peoples’ New Album.
"[O]ne thing I can say is that we put everything we had into this record and this experience we thought was going to take three or four months ended up taking over a year and a half. It was hard. I'm still decompressing, to be honest." By Lucas G.
[ DJ Booth ]
6. J Dilla's Mom Discusses Smithsonian Induction.
"I feel like if I've ever done anything right in this world, one thing was having Dilla, and the next thing is giving these things to the Smithsonian. Right now, my sun is shining every day.” By Karim Orange.
[ Huffington Post ]