(Photo: Skip Coblyn)
1. Well, All Right, Starchild, The Mothership Is Back.
A replica of Parliament-Funkadelic’s funky spaceship to be displayed at the National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, D.C. By Allison Keyes.
[ NPR ]
2. A Tribute To Father Shaheed of Poor Righteous Teachers.
PRT DJ and producer’s musical legacy remembered. May he rest in paradise. By Robbie Ettelson.
[ Unkut ]
3. Don Cheadle Turns to Indiegogo to Bring His Miles Davis Feature to Life.
“Most studios don’t make these kinds of movies anymore, so we are doing it independently,” says the actor, who will direct and star as the late, great music icon. By Paula Bernstein.
[ Indie Wire ]
4. 20 Rap Crews And Their Signature Cars.
Photos of rappers and their whips never gets old. By Jake Paine.
[ Complex ]
5. Neil deGrasse Tyson Doesn’t Hate The Movies.
The astrophysicist fact checks sci-fi films like Gravity and Armageddon : “I thought Armageddon was thoroughly entertaining, though it’s probably the most scientifically offensive film ever made.” By Sam Adams.
[ The Dissolve ]
6. Lester Bangs Subject of New Stage Play How to Be a Rock Critic .
One-man show to premiere next year. By Jenn Pelly.
[ Pitchfork ]