1. How a Waka Flocka Flame Concert Ended Her Marriage and Saved Her Life.
52-year-old Ft. Lauderdale woman gets follow back from Brick Squad leader on The Twitter, goes to Waka show, loses husband, but embarks on new life-reaffirming career as… a rap reviewer . As told to Danitha Jones.
[ The Source ]
2. In The Lab with Roc Marciano.
Rapper opens up about living in L.A. and recording his new, greatly-named album Marci Beaucoup . By Daniel Isenberg.
[ Nah Right ]
3. A$AP Rocky Reportedly Ends Concert After Fan Steals His Supreme Cap.
Rap shows used to prematurely end in violence. Now they prematurely end when someone loses a hat. So see, there’s actually a positive take-away here. By Jake Paine.
[ HipHopDX ]
4. New York Stories: A DJ Discovers Art and Chaos in Early ’90s Williamsburg.
Back before the neighborhood was trendy, when wild dogs roamed the streets. By Andrew “Monk One” Mason.
[ Red Bull Music Academy ]
5. One-on-One: William Friedkin.
How the director of The French Connection and The Exorcist almost became part-owner of the Boston Celtics and more. By James Hughes.
[ Grantland ]