(Keith Haring Mural Photo: Juan Rivera/Roulette Fine Art/Getty Images)
1. The First Songs by Legendary Rap Producers.
Earliest production credits for Mannie Fresh, The Alchemist, Timbaland, Dr. Dre, The Neptunes, and more. By Al Shipley.
[ Complex ]
2. A Rare Look at Keith Haring’s Original “Crack Is Wack” Mural.
Vintage flicks of the piece at the abandoned handball court along Harlem River Drive. By Marina Galperina.
[ ANIMAL ]
3. DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist Announce Vinyl-Only Tour Honoring Afrika Bambaataa.
The "Renegades of Rhythm" tour kicks off September 1 and "only records spun will be those pulled from Bam's prodigious collection." By Molly Beauchemin.
[ Pitchfork ]
4. Kendrick Lamar’s 15 Best Guest Verses.
Read and argue.
[ Pigeons & Planes ]
5. The Corrections: MF Doom MM…Food?
Revisiting the savory LP that turns 10 this year. By Paul Thompson.
[ Passion of the Weiss ]
6. Daryl Hall and John Oates on 50 Years of Friendship.
Whoa, the duo first met dodging a gang fight in Philly five decades ago. By Candice Pires.
[ The Guardian ]