1. Mardi Gras Without the Bells Visualized.
Mr. Krum artistically renders the essential components of an oft discussed hip-hop/beat-digging urban legend: Biz Markie's claim that he owns a version of Bob James' "Take Me to the Mardi Gras" without the bells. DJ Prestige investigates, and appreciates.
[ Flea Market Funk ]
2. Bonafide Magazine Interview with Doom.
Okay, so it's just a preview (you have to buy this thing called a magazine to read the entire interview). But at least we get an update on whatever happened to that DOOMSTARKS project: "He’s [Ghostface] not easy, but he makes it fun..."
[ Lex Records ]
3. The Complications of Appreciating Rap Beef.
Dave Bry on what's really rap beef in the age of relentless self-promotion and finding ways to extend the 3-day news cycle.
[ The Awl ]
4. Hal Jackson, 96, New York Broadcaster Who Broke Racial Barriers in Radio, Dies.
A trailblazing NYC broadcasting legend passes on.
[ New York Times ]
5. Witch: We Intend to Cause Havoc.
Welcome to Zamrock: 1970s Zambian rock legends Witch are the subject of crazy thorough 4-CD/6-LP box set via Now Again. Save up your pennies for this.
[ Passion of the Weiss ]