(Photo: Phade, Gizmo and Milk, Latin Quarters night club, 1987, from Shirt Kings: Pioneers of Hip Hop Fashion by Edwin PHADE Sacasa & Alan KET / Fami Echo: Kosuke Maki)
1. An Oral History of New York’s Early Hip-Hop Clubs.
Eric B, Positive K, Freshco, T La Rock and others remember the glory days of LQ and Union Sq. By Robbie Ettelson.
[ Unkut ]
2. The Art of Imaginary Nintendo Games.
They only exist at the My Famicase Exhibition. By Andy Cush.
[ ANIMAL ]
3. 25 Things in Rap That Are Never Not Funny.
Rick Ross moonwalking. By Edwin Ortiz.
[ Complex ]
4. The Library of Congress Wants to Destroy Your Old CDs (For Science).
“My once-treasured CD collection—so carefully assembled over the course of about a decade beginning in 1994—isn’t just aging; it’s dying. And so is yours.” By Adrienne LaFrance.
[ The Atlantic ]
5. AG – The Unkut Interview.
Andre the Giant on the time he took Chuck D’s order while working at McDonalds as a youth and other stories. By Robbie Ettelson.
[ Unkut ]
6. Sitting On Top of the World: An Interview With Fatima.
London singer talks about her new album Yellow Memories and the state of music. By Brian Josephs.
[ Passion of the Weiss ]