1. Beastie Boys Sign a Memoir Deal.
ego trip’s Sacha Jenkins to edit new book said to be loosely structured as an oral history and reminiscent of Grand Royal magazine. By Ben Sisario.
[ New York Times ]
2. Lil Wayne Apologizes to Emmett Till Family: “I Would Like to Take a Moment to Acknowledge Your Hurt.”
Read the complete open letter saying sorry. By Andy B.
[ Miss Info ]
3. Tyler, the Creator Mountain Dew Ad Pulled Due to Racism Controversy.
Ad called “arguably the most racist commercial in history.” By Carrie Battan.
[ Pitchfork ]
4. Q&A: Snoop Lion Strikes Back at Reincarnated Collaborator Bunny Wailer.
“You wasn’t the shit in the Wailers,” says the rapper of Bob Marley’s bandmate. By Jonah Weiner.
[ Rolling Stone ]
5. Brooklyn Heights playground to be renamed after late Beastie Boy Adam Yauch.
Site will be called Adam Yauch Park. By Rich Calder.
[ NY Post ]