1. Chris Brown Thinks He’s A Graffiti Writer: FOH.
Sacha Jenkins SHR advises CB: "This culture is old and you are a new jack swinger who’s vine might get snipped if you walk the streets talking about 'I’m a graffiti artist.'”
[ Mass Appeal ]
2. The Best Rapper Alive, Every Year Since 1979.
Yes, it is true. At one point, Kool Moe Dee was the best rapper of the moment. Who else through hip-hop history has laid claim to that fame? By Insanul Ahmed, David Drake, Ernest Baker & Noah Callahan-Bever.
[ Complex ]
3. Q&A With Jay Shells of "Rap Quotes," The Dopest Hip-Hop Project In Quite Some Time.
The creator of some of the illest street art we've seen chats with Bogar Alonso about his future plans and the fate of his rap lyric signs all over NYC.
[ The Shadow League ]
4. Rick Ross Rape Lyrics: Talib Kweli Takes Rapper To Task Over Controversial Song.
"Rick Ross condoned rape in that song ["U.O.E.N.O."] ... and he should apologize, and his apology that he offered was unacceptable."
[ Huffington Post ]
5. Lakim Shabazz: The Unkut Interview, Part 1.
Flavor Unit mainstay recalls meeting 45 King, recording Pure Righteousness and getting schooled on production by Diamond D.
[ Unkut ]
6. R.I.P. Cadence of Raw Produce.
Esoteric memorializes his friend and colleague from the '90s Boston hip-hop scene.
[ Esoteric ]