1. RIP Frankie Knuckles, The Godfather of House.
Remembering the man who created house music. By Todd L. Burns.
[ RBMA ]
2. Frankie Knuckles, House Music ‘Godfather,' Dead at 59.
A great quote from the Godfather: "I think dancing is one of the best things anyone can do for themselves. And it doesn’t cost anything.” Rest in Power. By Greg Kot.
[ Chicago Tribune ]
3. Wu-Tang Clan Offered $5 Million for One-Of-a-Kind Album, Says RZA.
The 31-track album, which was recorded in secret over the past few years and produced by Cilvaringz "under the tutelage" of the RZA, will be housed in a hand carved nickel-silver box. By Jem Aswad.
[ Billboard ]
4. If Megahertz Was About to Become a Superproducer, Why Did He Disappear?
"When I left, I didn’t even pack a bag. I left with the Timbs I had on and some sweatpants.” Producer behind records like Nas' “Got Ur Self a Gun” explains why he dropped out of the rat race. By Paul Cantor.
[ Complex ]
5. Black Milk: Groove Theory.
Detroit native talks Glitches In The Break , vinyl, and why some people need to ease off the Twitter and Facebook a lil’ bit. By Jake Paine.
[ Arena ]
6. Video Vault: 14 Artists Promote Their 1994 Album Releases on Yo! MTV Raps .
LPs plugged include: Common’s Resurrection , Gang Starr's Hard To Earn , Jeru’s The Sun Rises In The East , Method Man’s Tical , O.C.’s Word Life , OutKast’s Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik , Pete & CL’s The Main Ingredient , and Redman’s Dare Iz a Darkside . Words by Daniel Isenberg (@StanIpcus).
[ Nah Right ]
7. Question in the Form of An Answer: An Interview with Thelonious Martin.
Producer speaks on Adult Swim bumps, going to school, and upcoming album, Wunderkid . By Tosten Burks.
[ Passion of the Weiss ]