1. Interview: Murder Dog ’s Black Dog Bone on Hip Hop’s Most Successful Underground Magazine.
“When we started Murder Dog I gave free subscriptions to prisoners. We would get thousands of letters, literally hundreds every day. I would read these and get so upset that I’d cry.” By Noz.
[ Red Bull Music Academy ]
2. Brain Rot: Hip Hop Family Tree, The Infamous Style Wars Film Screening.
What happened when the documentary hit the theater. By Ed Piskor.
[ Boing Boing ]
3. Memory Lane: Noah Uman & Making Nas’ Illmatic XX & The Hip-Hop Reissue (Food For Thought Interview).
Executive producer of Illmatic XX for Sony Legacy on how sample clearance issues kept the original version of “Represent” and various radio freestyles off the reissue. By Jake Paine.
[ AFH ]
4. E-40: “I’m On The West Coast, Eating.”
Bay Area icon spits game on label deals, distribution, and being an independent artist. He also runs through some career highlights. By Ali Shaheed Muhammad & Frannie Kelley.
[ NPR ]
6. In The Lab: Blu on the Making of Good To Be Home .
Inside scoop on the double album. By Daniel Isenberg (@StanIpcus).
[ Nah Right ]