(Photo: Jasz Smith)
1.Straight Outta Stankonia.
Travel through the ATL with OutKast’s music as a guide. Stops at The Original Dungeon, Tri-Cities High School, Big A Car Wash, and Magic City. By Rodney Carmichael, Gavin Godfrey & Christina Lee.
[ Creative Loafing Atlanta ]
2. How RZA and Quentin Tarantino Made Kill Bill 's Killer Soundtracks.
RZA talks about "how he was chosen by Tarantino, the challenge of not being the boss for the first time and the moment he said 'fuck this shit' and almost gave up.” By Rebecca Haithcoat.
[ My Space ]
3. Video Vault: 7 Classic Yo! MTV Raps “Live Fridays” Performances.
Run-DMC, Tribe, Redman, Kane, KRS, Wu-Tang, and Del flex. By Daniel Isenberg (@StanIpcus)
[ Nah Right ]
4. Chuck D On KISS' Rock Hall Honor: "They Deserve to Be Inducted."
Even though Gene Simmons shitted on hip-hop in a recent interview, Chuck still thinks KISS impacted the rock the game.
[ Billboard ]
5. How Its Samples Made ATCQ's The Low End Theory A Classic.
Exploring the original artists like Art Blakey, Lonnie Smith, and Ron Carter that shaped Tribe’s second LP. By Jake Paine.
[ HipHopWired ]
6. Director One9 Details Upcoming Nas Documentary Time Is Illmatic .
Some details on what you can expect from the upcoming film. By Quinn Peterson.
[ Life + Times ]
7. Boston Hip-Hop Hero Edan Prepares For His Next Stage.
Edan speaks on his rock EP and the 10-year anniversary party for Beat Research. By Martín Caballero.
[ Boston Globe ]