1. Question In the Form of an Answer: Ka.
Words of wisdom from the Brownsville, Brooklyn rhyme vet - whose recent Grief Pedigree LP, by the way, is a moody, introspective gem. Ka on the new New York: "As an older man I’m glad that it changed for the better, the knucklehead in me thinks it’s soft now."
[ Passion of the Weiss ]
2. Omar From The Wire Will Play Ol’ Dirty Bastard in a Film About ODB’s Manager?!
Because the world is clamoring for a film about ODB...'s manager?!? Michael K. Williams - we know you're good. But you've got your work cut out for you to save the premise of this flick.
[ MissInfoTV ]
3. The Closing Of Megaupload & The Industry's Conflicted View Of Digital Distribution Services.
A reminder that if you're waiting for what's left of the record industry to stop playing both sides of the fence on this issue, get a comfortable chair. OnSmash founder Kevin Hofman: "Since copyright laws have not caught up to technology we are left with grey area polarized by an individual or entity's best interest."
[ HipHopDX ]
4. DJ Gets Death Threats for Playing Dubstep.
Trance fans ain't nuthin' to fuck wit.
[ LA Weekly ]
5. The K-Hole: Spending some time with 'Hump' and the Kardashians.
Cross 'em out and put a 'K': Hua Hsu on Kourtney, Kim n' Kris: "I freely admit that there is no point — and yet I kept watching to discern some hidden code of modern culture, as a wager against my better instincts... I watched for those startling scenes when the camera panned to reveal a bookshelf with an actual book on it."
[ Grantland ]