1. Marlboro Threatens To Sue Stones Throw Over Font, Jonwayne Responds With Awesome Sarcasm.
Cigarette company mad at ST designer Jeff Jank's parody tape art for Jonwayne's Cassette . "Unfortunately [Marlboro] are shutting us down so we can no longer take an enormous market away from such a grassroots company," says the rapper/producer. By Chris Martins.
[ Spin ]
2. Lean With It: Rap's Deadly Dance With Syrup.
Chronicling Lil Wayne's battle with sizzurp while tracing back Houston's drug subculture. By Rob Kenner.
[ Complex ]
3. The 50 Greatest NYC Hip-Hop Artists: Guest List.
Big Daddy Kane, De La Soul, El-P, Talib Kweli and more state their quintessential MC from the Empire State. By Sophie Harris.
[ Time Out NY ]
4. Prolific Producer Prince Paul on Almost Being Fired, De La Soul classics, and Working with His Son.
Also a breakdown of various songs, from "Gas Face" to "Beautiful Night." By Eric Thurm.
[ A.V. Club ]
5. King T Recalls Tha Alkaholiks' Formation, Reveals He's Working On Likwit Crew Album.
The Likwit crew was almost called The Daily Chronics and Tha Liks started off as E.S.P. (Everyday Street Poets). This and other stories from Tila. By Jake Paine.
[ Hip Hop DX ]