1. Shock G. of Digital Underground Explains Why Saafir is Bound to a Wheelchair.
Sad news from the Bay. Local rapper's spinal injuries and unhealthy lifestyle reportedly the cause of much physical pain.
[ Davey D's Hip-Hop Corner ]
2. Please Welcome Our New Advice Columnist, the Geto Boys' Willie D.
What should lucky readers expect from the Houston Press ' new, must-read column? "The style would be me, Willie D: Funny, serious, unpredictable, diverse coverage of real-life shit, straight no chase [sic]."
[ Houston Press ]
3. Emmett Till's Cousin Speaks On "Karate Chop," Says Lil Wayne Has "No Pride & No Dignity" As a Black Man.
Airickca Gordon-Taylor: “To compare his murder and... how bullied, beaten, and tortured he was to the anatomy of a woman was really very disrespectful... it just really concerns us that here you are using Emmett Till’s name in such an egregious way and you’re not having any respect for yourselves as well as our family." By Danielle Harling.
[ HipHopDX ]
4. Coco Brown – The First Porn Star In Space.
No Black Hole jokes, please. By Lazer Horse.
[ Sick Chirpse ]
5. The Real Instrument Behind The Sound In "Good Vibrations."
You thought that Beach Boys sound was a theremin, but it's not. (But props for knowing what a theremin is.) By Bob Boilen.
[ NPR ]
6. The Ed Piskor Interview.
A fantastic interview with the man who brought you the illustrated The Hip Hop Family Tree series. By Marc Sobel.
[ Boing Boing ]