1. Remembering The Deer a/k/a J-1/Jovan Coleman.
Photos, video, and music assembled to honor the memory of J-1 from our friends at HVW8. Rest in power.
[ HVW8 ]
2. ?uestlove Talks Michele Bachmann Fiasco, New D’Angelo Album.
On the fallout from Bachmann-Gate: “I’ve seen some really colorful epithets in the past four days, but “nigger fuckhead ghetto stick” is probably the one that takes the cake.” Stay classy, Tea Baggers.
[ Pitchfork ]
3. Meet Christie Z-Pabon: The Hardest Working Woman In Hip-Hop.
Tools of War’s tireless first lady profiled and paid tribute in full.
[ Blackbook ]
4. Making Your Way In the World Today Takes Everything You Got.
Our favorite “nerdy bikini clad sarcasm peddler,” Logan Melissa, goes H.A.M. on Boston’s used record store circuit.
[ HeightFiveSeven ]
5. Six Killer NYC Zines Worth Reading.
We understand, however, that these are not – repeat not – zines about killers.
[ Gothamist ]