1. How to Explain the Latest Elmo Sex Scandal News to Your Kids: an Illustrated Guide Starring Spider-Man and My Little Pony.
“The Tale of Elmo and His Several Underage Male Friends” is the sequel to “The Tale of Elmo and His Adult Male Friend.” Shit is real. By Max Read.
[ Gawker ]
2. Jimi Hendrix Speaks: 18 Rare Audio Clips.
Hear Hendrix drop jewelz like, “You have to be a freak in order to be different. And even freaks are very prejudiced.” Compiled by P&P’s Confusion with help from Steven Roby, editor of Hendrix on Hendrix: Interviews and Encounters with Jimi Hendrix .
[ Pigeons & Planes ]
3. DP Previews Meyhem Lauren’s Mandatory Brunch Meetings .
Mandatory Brunch Meetings is an incredible album title. But you know this. Here’s other stuff you don’t know. By Dallas Penn.
[ Mass Appeal ]
4. The Rise and Fall of the Obscure Music Download Blog: A Roundtable.
With mid-00s bloggers “competing with each other about who could upload the rarest and most sought-after record, and anyone who downloaded it could then share it again and again… Suddenly everyone in the world had the coolest record collection in the world; and soon, nobody in the world had the coolest record collection in the world.” By Mark Allen.
[ The Awl ]
5. Vast Aire Details The Cannibal Ox Reunion, Reveals He’s Authoring A Book.
On working with Vordul Mega: “The energy is like Darth Vadar versus Darth Maul… the energy is real good I can tell you that.” By Paul Meara.
[ HipHopDX ]
6. The Life and Times of Louis Flores.
Breakbeat Lou, the man who helped bring us Ultimate Breaks & Beats , talks cartoons, house parties, Times Square, and growing up in old school NYC.
[ Hot Peas & Butta ]