1. GoldieBlox Yanks Beastie Boys Track From ‘Princess Machine’ Viral Video.
Unapproved use of "Girls" in commercial sparks debate about fair use vs. copyright infringement, amongst other things. By Graeme McMillan
[ Wired ]
2. Never Mind the Lawyers, GoldieBlox Won Big in Beastie Boys Fight.
Op-Ed piece speculates how much money the toy company might have made from pulled ad that apparently is also in a competition in which the grand prize is a $4 million Super Bowl slot. By Todd Wasserman.
[ Mashable ]
3. Suge Knight Reflects on Doggystyle 20 Years Later.
Death Row Records head honcho claims "Daz pretty much did the whole album," and recalls time he allegedly ran up on Russell Simmons. (BONUS: Interview outtakes .) By Paul Cantor.
[ Rolling Stone ]
4. The Making of No Need For Alarm with Del the Funky Homosapien.
"I did shrooms with Q-Tip, and it was the first time I did shrooms. I was high as hell in the [Beastie Boys] studio." This and other fun facts. By Daniel Isenberg.
[ Nah Right ]
5. Write Of Passage’s American Graffiti Culture Recap.
A look back at all the workshops, lectures and events.
[ Mass Appeal ]