1. For Birthplace of Hip-Hop, New Life.
Great news! The housing property at 1520 Sedgwick Ave in Bronx — where Kool Herc basically inaugurated this cultural contribution called “hip hop” has been spared from foreclosure. Cristal, anyone?
[New York Times]
2. Highbro/Lowbro: On Harold & Kumar.
Hua Hsu on the brohannons doobie.
3. Heavy D, As Remembered by Questlove.
Questo’s long and winding (and humorous and heartfelt) memory of meeting the Hev-ster.
4. Are These the 10 Heaviest Albums Ever Made?
From Sleep to Slayer to The White Album, the editors of Kerrang! present their picks. Rawk on!
5. McRib Conspiracy Theories.
Dissecting precisely when and why McDonald’s cult pork product comes and goes. Personally, we don’t touch the stuff… no pork on our fork! (Unless it’s Chinese sausage – pause. Damn, that shit is good. Or just bacon in general. Can’t front on bacon, really.)
6. Fat Joe’s Letter to Big Pun on His 40th Birthday.
Joey Crack with some words for his beloved twin.