1. For Birthplace of Hip-Hop, New Life.
Great news! The housing property at 1520 Sedgwick Ave in Bronx -- where Kool Herc basically inaugurated this cultural contribution called "hip hop" has been spared from foreclosure. Cristal, anyone?
[ New York Times ]
2. Highbro/Lowbro: On Harold & Kumar .
Hua Hsu on the brohannons doobie.
[ Grantland ]
3. Heavy D, As Remembered by Questlove.
Questo's long and winding (and humorous and heartfelt) memory of meeting the Hev-ster.
[ OkayPlayer ]
4. Are These the 10 Heaviest Albums Ever Made?
From Sleep to Slayer to The White Album , the editors of Kerrang! present their picks. Rawk on!
[ The Guardian ]
5. McRib Conspiracy Theories.
Dissecting precisely when and why McDonald's cult pork product comes and goes. Personally, we don't touch the stuff... no pork on our fork! (Unless it's Chinese sausage - pause. Damn, that shit is good. Or just bacon in general. Can't front on bacon, really.)
[ The Awl ]
6. Fat Joe's Letter to Big Pun on His 40th Birthday.
Joey Crack with some words for his beloved twin.
[ XXL ]