(Art: Boombot Rex/ Joe "Joe Buck" Buckingham / Ed Piskor)
1. RZA Talks New Wu-Tang Album, Exclusive Content Delivery System.
"The brick and mortar idea of music is gone. This puts it back in, in its own way. So I think this is revolutionary.” By Eric K. Arnold.
[ Billboard ]
2. Take a Wu-Tang Tour of Shaolin.
Clan-destine trip to Staten Island. By Chris Moore
[ Mass Appeal ]
3. XXL ’s A Great Day in Hip Hop: 16 Years Later.
"Looking at the scene across the street, the three stoops covered with hip hoppers from the East, the West, the South, and everywhere in between, I experienced a sense of pride I still can’t describe.” By Michael A. Gonzales.
[ RBMA ]
4. Interview: Diamond D Recalls Fat Joe & Lord Finesse’s Early Days, Says He was Stunned when Big L Passed.
Also talks new album Diam Piece : "I would call the sound “brand new retro” and once you take a listen to it you’ll know exactly what I mean.” By Paul Meara.
[ Nah Right ]
5. When The Mob Ran Rap Music In Boston.
T.D.S. Mob was the Hub’s first huge hip-hop hope. By George Hassett.
[ Dig Boston ]
6. Return of The Mecca: The Art of Islam & Hip-Hop Exhibit.
Curated by Sohail Daulatzai (Razor Step). Starting October 4 in Los Angeles.
[ Return of the Mecca ]
7. Hip Hop Family Tree: Basketball by Kurtis Blow.
We love that. By Ed Piskor.
[ Boing Boing ]