1. Jonathan Shecter a/k/a Shecky Green: The Unkut Interview.
Co-founder of The Source and man about Las Vegas takes a trip down memory lane, recalling his days as a fledgling rapper in BMOC, and the early days of “The Bible of Hip-Hop.” By Robbie.
2. Rising Postal Rates Squeeze Small Record Labels.
It now costs $17-18 to send an LP to the UK. It costs $12 to send a 45 overseas thanks to the new USPS rates. Bad news for small labels. Very bad news.
3. 10 Essentials: Eddie Huang.
The Baohaus big cheese, Dipset PhD, Human Panda and now bigtime author discusses his favorite attire, music, junk food, films and vaporizer.
4. Rodriguez Weighs Potential Third Album.
Detroit cult singer/songwriter and subject of the acclaimed Searching For Sugar Man documentary apparently has some more material in the vaults. By Patrick Flanary.
5. Macdougal Street Homesick Blues.
Joel Coen on the forthcoming Inside Llewyn Davis, a story set amidst the folk scene of 1960s Greenwich Village. Bob Dylan is in it. Sort of. By Michael Cieply.
6. M.F. Grimm: The Unkut Interview Part II.
One more from Unkut. Percy Carey recalls battling DMX, missing out on his spot on “Live At The BBQ,” the reels to recordings that went missing after he was shot and more. By Robbie.