1. The Model, the Yacht, the Fat Bloke… Kim Dotcom Understands the Internet.
What does the above photo say about jailed Megaupload don Kim Dotcom? "Piratical martyr of internet freedom," or projector of "crass wealth" determined to get rich off the Internet or die tryin'?
[ The Guardian ]
2. "It Was Like Flies to Honey": 25 Years of Rap-A-Lot Records.
Noz's extensive interview with Rap-A-Lot head honcho J. Prince as RAL celebrates a quarter century in the game. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.
[ NPR ]
3. Robert Hegyes, Juan Epstein of Welcome Back Kotter dead at 60.
TV's pioneering Puerto Rican-Jew "sweathog" (and namesake of Hot 97's morning show) moves on to that big high school in the sky.
[ NJ Star Ledger ]
4. Q&A: Southpaw Co-Owner Matt Roff Talks About The Venue's Closing.
Damn, we enjoyed many fun nights within this Park Slope institution's walls, including our (White) Rapper Show and Miss Rap Supreme finale soirees. But maybe we'll take the young'uns down to what's taking its place? Pour out a little mo' liquor.
[ Village Voice ]
5. Gangrene Explains The Meaning Behind Vodka & Ayahuasca , Alchemist Says ASAP Rocky Is The East Coast Version Of Dilated Peoples.
They also tout their rumored collab with Boz Scaggs, and recruit a HipHopDX correspondent into the Gangrene Army on the condition that he kill someone.
[ HipHopDX ]