1. Vintage Famous Album Covers Photographed in the NYC Locations Where They Were Shot.
Revisiting the Big Apple locales that appeared in the front of LPs by artists like The Who, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen.
[ Vintage Everyday ]
2. Big Fun in the Big Town.
Writer Dave Tompkins takes a closer look at the must-see 1980s Dutch doc featuring a skinny Biz Markie, LL Cool J's "tender love raps," and DMC's "all electronic" Caddy.
3. 20 Years On: Eric B And Rakim's Don't Sweat The Technique Revisited.
An argument for why the duo's final 1992 album might be their best. Written by Angus Batey.
[ The Quietus ]
4. Super Beagle On "Dust A Sound Bwoy," Fuzzy Jones and Kanye West's "Mercy."
Sherman Escoffery catches up with the dancehall artist and friend to discuss the impact of a celebrated anthem.
[ LargeUp ]
5. The Story Behind CharlotteBobcats.com.
How one of the NBA's worst teams lost a domain name but how the Internetz gained an absurd, experimental website.
[ Grantland ]
6. Why Is Everyone So Cray About Gwyneth's Tweet?
Russell Simmons editorial defending his girl G-Pat.
[ Global Grind ]
7. Ray Bradbury, Master of Science Fiction, Dies at 91.
Rest in Peace to the author of such sci-fi classics as Fahrenheit 451 and Something Wicked This Way Comes .
[ New York Times ]