1. (O)ther (P)eople’s (P)osts, 6.16.12

    Photo: Johnny Nunez/Getty Images

    1. Jay Electronica and the Rothschild Affair.
    Hua Hsu assesses the winners and losers in this whole Jay Elect – Rothschild scion romance/scandal: “[Jay Electronica] has essentially become the only rapper ever allowed to refer to the Illuminati, the New World Order, or secret societies trying to keep their eyes on him as a legitimate, lived thing.” Fans now patiently await future song entitled, “In My Dimethyltriptamine-time.”
    [ Grantland ]

    2. Ice-T Says “Art Of Rap” Is Not An Attack On Pop Rap, Reveals Why No Younger Artists Are Featured.
    The Ice Opinion – still provocative after all these years. On his cinematic directorial debut: “If you ever had any curiosity about [hip-hop] – and I believe that’s 90% of the world – you will enjoy this film. The other 10%, go watch Bill O’Reilly and eat a dick.”
    [ HipHopDX ]

    3. Impostors Post Up in N.B.A. Finals.
    Pithy play-by-play from fake Twitter accounts – outplaying tweets via official Twitter accounts every time. Game over.
    [ New York Times ]

    4. The Art Of Story Telling: Interview With Masta Ace.
    Ace talks narratives, coaching high school football, and why his recent collab with Doom, Son of Yvonne , was conceived as an homage to his moms.
    [ The Come Up ]

    5. A Pictorial History Of Rap Untouchability.
    Dave Bry lauds the latest from MMG – a/k/a, “The Untouchable Empire” – yet suspects this whole “untouchable” thing is not new to rap. Peep exhibits A through X (and sometimes Y).
    [ The Awl ]

    6. Game of Thrones Showrunners Sorry for Putting Dubya’s Head on a Spike.
    Heads at HBO weren’t ready when the likeness of George W. Bush was spotted on a decapitated dome on GoT . Says the series’ showrunners: “It’s not a choice, it’s not a political statement. We just had to use whatever head we had around.” Yeah. We’ve tried that ol’ excuse before.
    [ Gawker ]

    7. 2DBZ Presents DJ Eclipse: Give the DJ a Break Ep.4.
    Saying farewell to NYC rapper I.G. Off.
    [ 2 Dope Boyz ]


Follow The Leaders.