The irony comes in bundles (of joy): We been snoozin' on this almost a year-old collection of baby-friendly instrumental covers of your favorite rap tunes perfect for nap time called Once Upon A Rhyme: Lullaby Renditions Of Hip-Hop Classics presented by Jammy Jams. (Thanks to UNT for waking us up.) Both parents and their little ones can get with the tranquility of the softest remakes of "Nuthin’ But A G Thang" and "Big Pimpin'" that you will ever hear. But don't worry, parents, no cuss words to fret over, just relaxin' beats for for the sheets... (Although good luck explainin' what a "G Thang" or "Pimpin'" is... maybe hide the CD cover by the time your tykes learn how to read.) Preview the album now, starting with the smooth-as-heck "Regulate"...
Once Upon A Rhyme Tracklisting:
1. "Hey Ya" (originally by Outkast)
2. "California Love" (originally by 2Pac)
3. "The Real Slim Shady" (originally by Eminem)
4. "Gangsta’s Paradise" (originally by Coolio)
5. "Girls" (originally by Beastie Boys)
6. "Rock Box" (originally by Run-D.M.C)
7. "Summertime" (originally by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince)
8. "Regulate" (originally by Warren G)
9. "Big Pimpin" (originally by Jay-Z)
10. "Nuthin’ But A G Thang" (originally by Dr. Dre)
For info on how to order, go HERE .
[Props to UpNorthTrips ]