Earlier this week is was announced that popular DVD rental service Netflix would be raising its rates for certain subscription plans by 60%. Not with any additional amenities, mind you. But just because. This being America, we here at ego trip fully support Netflix's right to charge more from its customers in the midst of the country's worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. And we've even come up with some additional suggestions on how they can and might wanna utilize the extra loot.
PEEP OUR LIST OF 10 THINGS NETFLIX CAN DO WITH THEIR NEW WINDFALL, AFTER THE JUMP...
1. Be 60% less douche-y.
2. Hire attendants dressed as movie theater ushers for office bathroom. And never once tip them.
3. Splurge on farm for more cows to make more butter for popcorn for next staff movie night.
4. Fulfill plan to take all the unobtanium on Pandora.
5. Commission world's top scientific minds to create return envelope that doesn't tear like cheap toilet paper.
6. Actually go and acquire all those DVDs in the "Saved" section of our queue that are never fucking available.
7. Purchase extra copies of Deliverance . Not for rental, but to watch infamous "Squeal like a pig" scene for additional customer service ideas.
8. Plan that long vacation with friends from Blockbuster.
9. Take their money and shove it up their asses. At any time. Really, like a week from now, a month away or whenever. At their convenience.
10. Officially change name to "Netfux."