Yesterday, New York Knicks' recently acquired guard J.R. Smith was fined $25,000 by the NBA for tweeting out "inappropriate pictures" of a woman's thong-ed arse . The rear end in question belonged to Tahiry Jose, hip-hop video model and ex-girlfriend to rapper Joe Budden. Smith has since expressed his regrets over tweeting the photo, BUT (because there's always a big but) we at ego trip believe that in this instance the historically controversial baller has absolutely nothing to apologize or be penalized for. In fact, we're willing to bet there were lots of perfectly legit explanations for J.R.'s supposed indiscretion ...
PEEP 10 PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE REASONS J.R. SMITH TWEETED A PHOTO SEXUALLY SUGGESTIVE PHOTOS OF TAHIRY JOSE'S ASS... AFTER THE JUMP...
1. Considered getting an ass tattoo, but this was easier.
2. Was celebrating Dominican Heritage Week. The only way he knows how.
3. Planning post-NBA career as proctologist. Starting studies early.
4. Trying to distract Coach D'Antoni from team's excessive turnovers and missed shots.
5. Currently using "Thong Song" as ringtone. Seemed apropos.
6. Was actually putting in extra practice time palming basketball with nearest object available - a giant tush.
7. Wanted to be role model to younger players on the team, prevent them from tweeting out photos of women with flat asses.
8. Thought NBA actually stood for "Nothing But Ass." (Who knew?)
9. Knicks' game is ass right now. He was tweeting metaphorically.
10. One word: ASS-SANITY!