TV journalist Geraldo Rivera has been catching quite a bit of heat over the past 24 hours for remarks in which he blamed the tragic shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin on how Martin was dressed at the time he was killed. Specifically, Martin's hoodie. Interviewed by Fox News, Geraldo said: "I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as [shooter] George Zimmerman was." Later, Geraldo tweeted: "Justice will come to Zimmerman the Fla shooter-but I'm trying to save lives like Trayvon's-Parents Alert: hoodies can get your kid killed." While many have decried Geraldo's statements as absurd, we at ego trip believe he's simply being a good reporter tracking an important thread to this story. In fact, we imagine that there are many more insightful investigative reports in Geraldo's future, based his recent comments. Peep our suggestions, after the jump.
10 INVESTIGATIVE REPORTS IN GERALDO RIVERA'S NEAR FUTURE..
1. Scarves, Hankerchiefs and Bandanas: Axis of Evil.
2. Nike Foamposites: Can They Hurt More Than Just Your Eyes (and Wallet)?
3. When Sweaters Attack.
4. What Dark Secrets Lurk In the Pockets of Cargo Pants?
5. Abandonment Afoot: The Tragedy of Lost Socks.
6. Skinny Jeans: Biggest Rise in Blue Balls Since the 1950s.
7. Windbreakers: When Wind-Bashing Goes Too Far.
8. Belts: One Notch Away From Autoerotic Asphyxiation.
9. The Snapback: Douchey... and Deadly?
10. Why People Wearing Suits Never Hurt Anybody.