In recent weeks famed rapper Souljah Boy announced that he's in production on a remake of the classic '90s hip-hop film Juice , starring as Bishop - the role originally held down by Tupac Shakur. This news - along with word that Waka Flocka Flame has joined the cast - has been met much with much Waka Flocka flack from fans of the OG. Well, here in egotripland we may be crotchety old fogies. But we're convinced that this remake is, in fact, absolutely necessary .
HERE'S OUR 10 REASONS WHY...
1. Tattoo-based plot points tragically underdeveloped in the original.
2. Golden opportunity to replace DJ battle scene with tension filled dance-off.
3. Harlem 1992: merely gully. ATL 2011: PRETTY BOY SWAG-TASTIC!
4. Because if there's any one person on this planet who instantly evokes the spirit of 2Pac, it's the guy who recorded "Kiss Me Thru the Phone."
5. Time for Omar Epps to get outta the House and back to the ’hood, yo!
6. Chance for Chris Brown to cover “Don’t Be Afraid” for soundtrack.
7. Three words: Lil B cameo.
8. Scene with groupie and cocaine already getting rave reviews. (Wait, that was actually Soulja Boy's other movie.)
9. Tupac’s deceased body badly in need of rolling over.
10. Ill-conceived remakes and sequels: the 5th element of hip-hop!